Ep 05: Sense of Belonging w/ Josh Evirs Pt. 2
In this episode, our host Justine Evirs is joined by her husband, Josh Evirs again. They continue the conversation around breaking While Solidatory, unconscious bias, racism, and how people fear what they don't understand. This organic conversation takes them on a journey into discovering how important a sense of belonging is and how we must work to keep our circles diverse so our minds can stay aligned with what we truly know is right.
Josh does a phenomenal job of explaining his experience with drifting away from the black community and humbly explains how quickly his circles influenced his thought patterns and how his circles became less and less diverse. He gives phenomenal examples of how powerful the people we surround ourselves with are and how powerful the media we consume are in our lives.
Here is the list of resources that are mentioned in the show:
1. NPR's Code Switch Podcast can be found here.
2. 75 Things White People Can do for Racial Justice
3. Our New Private Protecting Courage Podcast Community- After you like our FB Page you can join our group with the top right button you will find available on our page. You can also message us on the FB page if you run into any problems.
4. Recommended Podcast by our host, Justine Evirs is NPR's Up First BONUS: Summer of Racial Reckoning: The Match Lit episode
5. Recommended Book by our host, Justine Evirs is Stamped from the Beginning.
6. Run the Jewels- Walking in the Snow Song Josh mentions.
7. Justine's blog- A Desperate Message of Unity
8. You can find Justine's "How to Build an Anti Racist Work Environment" Workbook in our FB community. She will send it directly to you if you ask for it.